INTERVIEW WITH ARGENIS
1. Tell a little bit about yourself and where you’re from.
I was born and raised in a little community in the Dominican Republic, called El Cabirmal, Santiago. I lived in the capital, Santo Domingo, for six years until I decided to move back home with my parents. Little did I know that God would use this to eventually lead me to Casas por Cristo.
2. What made you choose to serve at Casas por Cristo?
I have had a passion to serve ever since I was a little boy. When I dedicated my life to God’s Kingdom, I began to look for how I could serve and please God. In 2015, I volunteered to build with Casas near my hometown. That week impacted my life greatly, and I was able to experience what God has called me to do – preach the gospel of Jesus Christ through serving those in need.
3. What is your favorite thing about the ministry of Casas por Cristo?
It is incredible to see how we can change lives and, at the same time, bring people to know Jesus. We are not only impacting individuals, but also the entire community around them. I am beyond thankful to work for a Kingdom centered ministry.
4. What has been your biggest challenge so far?
My biggest challenge was to start leading groups through the home building process. It was through this leadership that God revealed his plan to me, which I am forever thankful for.
– My family
– My financial support
– The entire ministry of Casas por Cristo
– Every missionary serving wherever God has called them
– Each family that we build for – that we can plant a seed, and it would grow