Dominican Republic Mission Trips
We offer group and individual mission trips to the Santiago, Dominican Republic area. In just one week, partner with a local church to construct a home from start to finish for a family in need. We offer one model home in the DR with three rooms and a front porch. Finish your trip with a day at the beach.
Resting between the crystal clear Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, the island of Hispaniola is home to the Dominican Republic. Not only is it the second largest country in the Caribbean with upwards of 10.7 million people, the Dominican also has the Caribbean’s most geographically diverse countryside with stunning mountain scenery, desert scrubland, and breathtaking coastline.
The musical tones of bachata resonate in the air only to be muffled by laughter lingering around men playing dominoes on the street corners. Houses characterized by rough-cut tree limbs, low hanging roofs, and sheet metal painted with bright blues, yellows, and greens are staples in the Dominican countryside.
Its tropical climate and white sand beaches house some of the world’s most luxurious vacation destinations. While the Dominican’s $1 billion tourist industry may give the appearance of a thriving nation, the stark reality is that 40% of Dominicans live in poverty, surviving on less than $1.50 a day, and the unemployment rate stands at a daunting 60%. Families are left in desperation struggling to pay for food, safe drinking water, and adequate housing. Many families have to choose whether or not to put the majority of their income into housing, knowing that there will only be pennies left to provide other basic necessities. Heartrendingly, some families are forced to sell their children into slavery in order to survive. The human trafficking industry in the Dominican is a $9.5 billion a year industry.
By working alongside the Dominican church, Casas por Cristo volunteers help alleviate families’ financial burdens and bring the hope of Christ to this remarkable land. With the provision of safe and secure housing, the largest tangible gift anyone will ever receive, you can proclaim the truth of God’s love not only to a family, but also to the community at large.
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC TRIPS
Dominican Group Trip Costs
- $8,800 | Groups of 15-25 people | Three/four room home
- $175/person | Meals, transportation, and lodging
- $1,000/project | Deposit (nonrefundable; applied toward final trip fees)
- Travel insurance and airfare not included (use the Cibao International Airport in Santiago)
Dominican Excursion Options
- Public Beach Day | Free | Purchase your own lunch (~$15/person cash in Dominican pesos)
- Waterfall Excursion | Entry and lunch = $30/person on invoice | 15 person minimum
- Cabarete Beach resort all day pass (Lifestyles Cofresi Palm Beach Resort) | $60/person on invoice | 15 person minimum | 50 person maximum
- Cabarete Beach resort overnight stay (Lifestyles Cofresi Palm Beach Resort) | $100/person/night on invoice | 15 person minimum
- Sunscape beach resort day pass in Puerto Plata | $75/person | 15 person minimum | 50 person maximum
Dominican Republic Team Casas (Individual) Trips
- $800 per person ages 12 and up / $200 per child ages 0-11
- Deposit: $100/person (nonrefundable; applied toward final trip fees)
- Includes all meals, transportation, lodging, and travel insurance in country
- Airfare not included (use the Cibao International Airport in Santiago)
- December 27, 2018 – January 2, 2019 | $800
(Scheduled; still accepting volunteers)
- June 9 – 15, 2019 | $800
(at least 15 volunteers still needed by April 9)
- December 27, 2019 – January 1, 2020 | $800
(at least 15 volunteers still needed by October 27)