The Casas por Cristo Residency Program is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are interested in experiencing what it’s like working for a non-profit organization. This program is designed for individuals in a variety of situations – taking a gap year, looking for opportunities to learn outside of education, gain valuable work experience at a nonprofit, or if you’d just like to come work for our ministry on a short-term basis! Check out our different Resident positions below.
The responsibility of a resident is to assist our staff missionaries in completing daily ministry operations tasks. Whether you are interested in working in one of our foreign fields or in an administrative role within our Finance, Creative, or Team Coordinating departments, our Residents play an important role in supporting our ministry in a variety of ways. Responsibilites for each position are included below but not limited to this list.
- Lead mission trips, just as our full-time staff missionaries do. We will provide all the training and resources necessary.
- Assist in delivering materials.
- Interact with pastors and families during interviews and follow-ups.
- Help to maintain toolkits, materials, and ministry property.
- Assist in arranging team transportation and accommodations.
Are you into design, videography, photography, social media, marketing, or just learning more about the creative field in general? This program is perfect for students and individuals interested in experiencing what it’s like to work for a nonprofit as a creative.
- Learn how to effectively and creatively tell the stories of the ministry through the production of digital media in various forms
- Coordinate, produce, and distribute social media content
- Take on small creative projects of their own based on their interest/skills
- Learn how to effectively design within a brand and for a non-profit
- Coordinate with the Creative team on all content
- Requirements: Base knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, familiarity with social media platforms, experience with DSLR cameras
- Process check deposits
- Enter donations and receipts
- Assist with reconciling various accounts
- Organize financial materials
- Attention to detail, organization, and communication is required
- Education or experience in finance or accounting is a plus
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and/or Salesforce is a plus
TEAM COORDINATOR RESIDENT
- Create build packets for staff missionaries
- Review and update trip information on the Casas website
- Learn to use Salesforce (Casas database), Google Drive, Google Calendar
- Assist Team Coordinators with the following tasks – provide customer service to trip participants and team leaders through emails, phone calls, video calls, and face to face meetings, process trip registrations, coordinate trip details, maintain the ministry calendar.
- Maturity in Christ
- Be out of high school for one year
- Servant’s heart
- Good communicator
- Six month – two year commitment*
*The timing and duration of the residency can be flexible based on the individual’s needs.
You will fundraise your living expenses to cover food, travel, and other costs. It is recommended that you have your own transportation.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the “Application” link below. The application will take about thirty minutes to fill out.
Make sure three people fill out the reference form on your behalf by clicking the link below. One of the references must be from a pastor/campus minister. It is your responsibility to have your references fill out the form. We will only contact your references with follow up questions.
If you have further questions, please contact Intern Manager Brigham Dion at 915.778.0046 ext.17 or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a resident with Casas por Cristo. Please take your time and answer all the questions with honesty. Don’t forget to have three non-family members, including your pastor, fill out the Character Reference Form. As soon as we have the application and three reference forms, we will contact you and set up an interview appointment. Thank you, and know that we will prayerfully consider your application and references.